Life Drawing Fundamentals 1
- 29th March 2023 10:00 – 15:30
- Blue & Berry Art Gallery, Knutsford Rd, Chelford, Macclesfield SK11 9BB
- Price £140 Including materials & lunch at the Egerton Arms
Want to get more ‘life’ into your life drawing by getting the basics right?
Learn to quickly and efficiently capture the energy and grace of the figure while maintaining good proportions. This one day life drawing workshop with Christopher Clements will help you to get more expression and creativity into your life drawing.
By learning to see and draw the essential elements of gesture, rhythm and balance you’ll produce dramatic, characterful drawings. As you develop these essential foundations you’ll also look at different types of line to create a believable sense of form.
- Learn how to identify and capture key aspects of the figure
- Build your drawings around the most important qualities of the pose
- Develop a sense of visual rhythm in the figure
- Use line to express form and energy and drama
- Blend gesture with good proportion intuitively
During the workshop you’ll complete different exercises from a model. Each one building progressively to develop your sense of gesture and proportion. You’ll be encouraged to use your intuition rather than measuring to get a natural sense of proportion based around a simple expressive foundation.
By the end of the workshop you will have learned an approach which will help you to concentrate on the most important aspects of the pose. The emphasis on fast sketching will be invaluable in creating lively and dynamic figure studies.
Is this workshop for me?
This workshop will really suit you if:
- You’d like an introduction to life drawing and want to know where to start.
- You have experience of life drawing but want to focus on improving your proportion.
- You struggle to keep the whole figure on the page when you’re drawing.
- You need help drawing the head and feet.
- You want to add dynamism and energy to the figures you draw.
- You just want a fun day life drawing with friendly, like minded people.
What you’ll need
Only yourself and lots of enthusiasm! The price includes lunch at the Egerton Arms next door and all the materials you’ll need so all you need to do is turn up and draw!
You’re welcome to bring your own materials, if so you’ll need:
- Your favourite drawing pencils
- Drawing paper (Newsprint is fine)
- Putty eraser
- Hard eraser
- Craft knife & Sanding Block or pencil sharpener
- Masking tape or clips for your paper
Life Drawing Fundamentals 1 – Essential Info & Booking
How to Book
Bookings are made by paying a £40 deposit via Eventbrite, you’ll then be invoiced directly for the remaining £100.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
What’s the refund policy?
- No deposit refunds.
- Remainder refunds up to two weeks in advance.
- Full refund if workshop is cancelled.