Tuesday Evenings 15th May – 5th June 2018 – Reserve You Place
On Life Drawing Fundamentals 1 Christopher Clements will be showing you how to quickly and efficiently capture essence of the gesture in your drawings while maintaining good proportions.
You’ll learn how to investigate the fundamentals of energy and gesture and how to use this as a foundation to build up well constructed line drawings. The emphasis is on fast sketching which will be invaluable in creating lively, dynamic figure studies. Lessons from this workshop form the core of all the life drawing taught at Northern Realist. This approach helps you to draw graceful, well proportioned figure studies with minimum reliance on measuring techniques. You’ll be encouraged to trust your eyes and instincts giving while learning about:
- Using Flow Through & Gesture Lines to capture the essence of the pose
- Seeing and capturing the essential force of the model
- Articulation of gesture lines to construct a solid sense of form
- Overlaps and Line Weight to create a finished line drawing
Life Drawing Fundamentals 1 includes exercises designed to help you learn about gesture and force. Following on from this you’ll learn how to develop good proportion in your drawings. On day two you’ll push these concepts, articulating the gesture lines of your drawing to create a solid sense of form. Finally we’ll look at line weight and overlaps to create visually interesting final drawings.
Essential info & Booking
- Course Length: 4 evenings
- Dates: 15th May – 5th June 2018
- Hours: 18:30 – 21:30
- Location: Northern Realist Studio – Map
- Materials: Drawing (Use contact form to request list)
- Price: £130
- Booking: Reserve you place with a £40 Deposit on Eventbrite