Wednesdays 29th April – 20th May 2020 – Postponed due to Covid-19
Life Drawing Masterclass 1
Want to get more ‘life’ into your life drawing by getting the basics right?
Learn to quickly and efficiently capture the energy and grace of the figure while maintaining good proportions. This short life drawing course with Christopher Clements will help you to get more expression and creativity into your life drawing.
By learning to see and draw the essential elements of gesture, rhythm and balance you’ll produce dramatic, characterful drawings. As you develop these essential foundations you’ll also look at different types of line to create a believable sense of form.
- Learn how to identify and capture key aspects of the figure
- Build your drawings around the most important qualities of the pose
- Develop a sense of visual rhythm in the figure
- Use line to express form and energy and drama
- Blend gesture with good proportion intuitively
Over the four sessions you’ll complete different exercises from a model. Each one building progressively to develop your sense of gesture and proportion. You’ll be encouraged to use your intuition rather than measuring to get a natural sense of proportion based around a simple expressive foundation.
By the end of the course you will have learned an approach which will help you to concentrate on the most important aspects of the pose. The emphasis on fast sketching will be invaluable in creating lively and dynamic figure studies.
Life Drawing Masterclass 1 – Essential info & Booking
- Price: £160 – Reserve your place with a £40 deposit on Eventbrite, remainder will be invoiced.
- Dates: 29th April – 20th May 2020 – Postponed due to Covid-19
- Course Length: 4 Evenings (12 Hours)
- Hours: 18:00 – 21:00
- Location: Northern Realist Studio – Map
- Materials: Drawing (Use contact form to request list)
- More info: use the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org