Christopher Clements has been a working artist for almost 20 years. He studied Fine Art Painting at Manchester School of art before progressing on to three and a half years intensive study of Classical Realist Drawing & Painting at the Angel Academy in Florence.
In 2013 he founded Northern Realist Drawing & Painting in Manchester and teaches at the University of Salford. Christopher designs and teaches all of the studio courses at Northern Realist while continuing his own artwork alongside. He has extensive experience in learning, teaching and working professionally, he has plenty to offer art students whatever your experience or motivation. Drawing and painting is essential to his daily work and this practical experience and constant development is reflected in the courses he teaches.
Christopher paints people and environments from life, balancing chaos and order with elements of change at work during the process. By studying Classical Realism in the atelier tradition in Florence, he developed a high level of technical skill and a distinctive interpretive style. Christopher exhibits widely including with the Royal Society of Portrait Painters, and combines his practice with directing Northern Realist Drawing and Painting and teaching at the University of Salford.
Christopher Clements Work
Click for larger images
- 3 Counties, Keele University 2012 – First Prize
- 3 Counties, Keele University 2011 – Third Prize
- Pastel Society, Mall Galleries, 2011 – Buzzacott Prize
- 3 Counties, Keele University, 2008 – First Prize
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters 2017
- Manchester Cathedral 2015
- 3 Counties, Keele University 2012
- Weston Park, National Fine Art Open 2011
- 3 Counties, Keele University 2011
- Royal Birmingham Society of Artists 2011
- Pastel Society, Mall Galleries, London, 2011
- Annigoni’s Legacy, Villa Bardini, Florence, 2010
- 3 Counties, Keele University, 2008
- Symposium, Manchester, 2004
- Urban Abstraction, St Petersburg, 2003
- Symposium, Manchester, 2003
- Loan Collection, Manchester School of Art 1999-2000
- Northern Graduates, Curwen Gallery, London 1999